Monday 16 September 2013

My top 5 lipsticks

Hello there!

Today I was sorting through my lipstick drawer and decided I would swatch my Top 5 lipsticks. They are all pink/ red shades with a couple of fairly natural shades.

I don't know if you can definitely get them all still but hopefully you will be able to!


From left to right; Rimmel Lasting finish lipstick in 038 'In vogue'
Rimmel Kate Moss in 110, Miss Sporty 'Innocence' 009, E.L.F. 'Seductive' and finally Estee Lauder 301, 'Crystal Baby'

The first lipstick is ultra pigmented and smells like cherries. I love the colour however you need a good lip liner all over the lips to make it last as it doesn't live up to it's 'Lasting finish' name.

I love Kate Moss' collection with Rimmel and this one is no exception. The colour is a beautiful bright, orange toned red and it lasts for a long time on the lips. I also like the fact that it is a matte finish but still moisturising.

The next lipstick is an old favourite of mine. It's quite a dolly pink and very bright. It is more of a statement colour and looks best with a flawless skin and a gold eye shadow. It's highly creamy and again well pigmented.

I had never tried or owned an E.L.F lipstick and this was one from the £1 or $1 range I believe. It is a very my lips but better shade and I love it for an everyday look or if I'm wearing heavy eye make-up. For the price it is long lasting and has wonderful colour pay-off.

Finally, a more high-end lipstick is Estee Lauders crystal baby which I first purchased maybe 2 years ago after Tanya Burr used it in a tutorial. It's a sheer but build-able colour and it's so natural and leaves a glossy look to the lips.


I hope you enjoyed me sharing my favourite lipsticks with you!

Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment